Compuserve is one of the oldest web companies globally. It came into the picture in 1969 when Facebook and Google were not on the web and this platform started its business in the US. With their hard work, the company became popular and people started using this email service for communication in the 1980s. The platform is always committed to providing an excellent email communication service that users can easily access on the web. As a newcomer to the platform, everyone must know the process of logging into the site. If you are interested in knowing about the 2 different ways of Compuserve mail login into your account then, you are in the right place. This guide is the correct one for you where we are going to tell you how you can log into your Compuserve email account. Let us explore the ways:
2 Ways to Login to Compuserve Webmail
There are two different ways with which you can log into your Compuserve email account. This is because the portal has two different accounts and domain names.
Compuserve Login attempt for @cs.com domain name
If your Compuserve email account address has the domain address @cs.com then the steps to log in are as follows:
- Open this link on your device web browser – http://webmail.cs.com/.
- 2. The next step is to type your Compuserve account credentials including username, email and mobile number and then click on the ‘next’ option.
- 3. After entering the username, type your account password and tap the ‘Check In’ button.
- 4. That’s all, now, you will be directed to your Compuserve account and your mail login of domain name cs.com is done.
Compuserve Login attempt for @compuserve.com domain name
The second domain name of this mail service is @compuserve.com. Here are the simple steps to log in for this domain name:
- First, open the website https://webmail.compuserve.com/ on your web browser.
- Next, type the username, email and mobile number linked with your Compuserve email account and click on the ‘next’ option.
3. Next, enter your email service password and tap the ‘Check In’ button. You will be directed to your Compuserve email account.
You can log in to your Compuserve email account using any of the above 2 methods depending on the domain name of your specific account.
Services provided by Compuserve mail login account to its users!!
- Email Service: CompuServe Mail allows its users to send, receive, and manage their emails using their account. Users can access their email accounts via the CompuServe website or through any other compatible email client.
- Internet Access: Apart from mail service CompuServe Mail also provides internet access to its users. It offers a dial-up service and users can connect to the internet using CompuServe’s service or through any other compatible internet service.
- Online Services: You can enjoy a range of online services using this portal, including weather updates, news, and sports information, as well as plenty of entertainment content. It is easy to access all these services using the CompuServe website.
- Technical Support: It is another service provided by this email platform that provides technical support to its users. With this service, users can seek assistance for any of their issues or queries concerning their email accounts or other CompuServe services.
- Security Protection: This reliable mail service offers security protection features to assist users with keeping their computers safe while using the internet. This protection service includes firewall protection, antivirus software, and some other security measures.
Supportive services of Compuserve.com IMAP / SMTP!!
This means that Compuserve also supports other email programs to check and send emails if you are not online to your account or you are disconnected from the internet. You can use other interfaces including mail spring, Apple Mail, Outlook Express, or Mozilla Thunderbird. Using these desktop email applications can enhance your workflow and also save much of your time to log in.
Setup Your Compuserve.com Account Using IMAP
To access your Compuserve account from a desktop, you’ll need the IMAP and SMTP settings below:
|Compuserve.com (AOL Mail) IMAP Server
|IMAP server port
|IMAP server security
|SSL / TLS
|IMAP server username
|Your email address
|IMAP server password
|Your Compuserve.com account password
|Compuserve.com (AOL Mail) SMTP Server
|SMTP server port
|SMTP server security
|SSL / TLS
|SMTP server username
|Your email address
|SMTP server password
|Your Compuserve.com account password
How to deal with Compuserve mail login issues?
If you are a user of this email service and are experiencing Compuserve login issues then you need not worry. You can resolve such issues with a series of simple steps:
Reset Your Password: If you are receiving an error message like “Invalid password,” while logging into your account then try resetting your password. It can be done easily with the password reset option on the login page or you can do this through the account recovery process.
Use a Different Browser: Sometimes, your login issue can be resolved by using a different browser because your browser may be outdated or incompatible. Try accessing your CompuServe email account through a different browser to resolve the problem.
Check your Web Settings: If you have multiple browsers on your device, sometimes it can also cause conflicts with your web settings. Resetting the general web settings of your browser or clearing the cache and cookies of your browser may help resolve login errors.
Contact Customer Support: If the above-mentioned steps do not resolve your login issues, then you can contact CompuServe customer support for further assistance. They are every time available and will guide you with specific troubleshooting steps for resolving your account issues depending on the nature of your problem.
Necessity to upgrade your Compuserve mail account!!
It is essential to upgrade your CompuServe service to access your email. Because for using an old version of this mail service your saved email messages on your PC will remain accessible in a read-only format. Whereas, you can access downloaded email attachments through the Download Manager feature in your old version.
Final Verdict About Compuserve Mail Login!!
Overall, Compuserve has been letting people communicate through email service since 1980. Now AOL and Yahoo are the owners of this email service provider. AOL is an American online web portal and service provider based in New York City. Then this platform became famous when WYSIWYG hosted its email content editor and allowed users to exchange their emails and other relevant content. Compuserve mail login service is perfect for managing to send and receive emails even offline. There are two domain names and people can make their account using any of them. Plus, you can also avail of other features like an address book, email controls, instant messenger, free virus protection and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions!!
1. Is Compuserve email service free to use?
Yes, Compuserve is a reliable email service and is offering all of its email services for free through its AOL platform.
2. Is the Compuserve email service working?
Unfortunately, the service is not available as it ended on 30th June 2009 after 30 years of service. Now you can avail of this email service through the AOL platform.
3. What to do if I am unable to sign in to my CompuServe mail account?
If you’re having trouble signing into your Compuserve account, then you can try resetting your password or contact CompuServe customer support for further assistance.
4. Can I access my CompuServe email account through Google Mail?
Yes, you can connect your CompuServe mail account to Google Mail. In case you encounter any issue you can contact customer care anytime.
5. How can I get a copy of the history of my CompuServe email account?
To obtain a copy of your email account’s history, you need to submit a written request by sending an email to the designated address provided by CompuServe.
6. What is the use of CompuServe mail service?
It is an online information service that provides email service along with several other services including access to the Internet, instant messaging and an integrated mail contact list.