Those who are new to the world of weed probably find it difficult to pick a strain that has the desired effect. However, with so many strains available in the market, finding the right one is not difficult at all. The trick lies in knowing which strain has the potential to give you exactly what you need. That’s where delta 8 thc comes into play as this chemical compound has been linked to positive health benefits for medical marijuana users. If you are looking for some strains with high delta-8-THC content and want to know more about it, we have everything you need to know about Delta 8 THC in this article. Here is everything you need to know about Delta 8 THC and its benefits on your body
What is Delta 8 THC?
Delta-8-THC is one of the main cannabinoids found in the marijuana plant. There are several THC compounds, of which the delta-8 version is the most common one. However, some strains have more delta-8 than the other compounds. Delta-8 THC differs from delta-9-THC in that it doesn’t activate CB1 receptors. Delta-8-THC is more psychoactive than delta-9-THC but has less of an impact on the central nervous system. This means that delta-8-THC has a greater potential to relieve pain, anxiety, and appetite loss, with less of a chance of experiencing the negative side effects of delta-9-THC. Delta 8 THC is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in the plant.
How Does Delta-8-THC Affect the Body?
The major difference between delta-9-THC and delta-8-THC is their effects on CB1 receptors. Delta-8-THC doesn’t activate CB1 receptors and so doesn’t have such a strong psychoactive effect. However, it does have many of the same health benefits as delta-9-THC. Delta-8-THC has been linked to several positive health benefits including:
– Reduced Pain – Studies have shown that delta-8-THC can help relieve pain in patients suffering from chronic pain. This is because it activates the CB2 receptors in the body, which lead to reduced pain.
– Better Appetite – Eating disorders and loss of appetite are common in many medical conditions, including HIV and cancer. Delta-8-THC has been shown to help those with appetite loss eat more to promote good health.
– Anti-inflammatory Effects – Many people use medical marijuana to manage chronic pain related to arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other inflammatory diseases. Delta-8-THC can help reduce the inflammatory symptoms of these diseases.
– Beneficial for Neurodegenerative Diseases – Some studies have shown that delta-8-THC could be beneficial in treating neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease.
How Does Delta 8 THC Help With Medical Problems?
Although delta-8-THC doesn’t activate CB1 receptors as strongly as delta-9-THC, it’s still very helpful in treating many medical problems. Here are some of the common problems that delta-8-THC can help with:
– Appetite Loss – People who have a hard time eating due to a medical condition such as anorexia or HIV, may find it difficult to get the nutrition they need. Some medical marijuana products are designed to increase appetite, and delta-8-THC can help with this.
– Pain – Pain is one of the most common reasons people use medical marijuana. Studies have shown that delta-8-THC can help relieve pain in patients with chronic pain diseases such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and Crohn’s disease.
– Anxiety and Depression – Some people use medical marijuana for its anti-anxiety effects. Studies have shown that delta-8-THC is more effective than delta-9-THC in treating mood disorders such as depression and anxiety. Research has shown that delta-8-THC has a positive impact on serotonin levels in the brain. Delta-9-THC has been shown to also increase serotonin levels but doesn’t do it to the same extent.
– Glaucoma – Glaucoma is a condition that damages the optic nerve, leading to vision loss. Studies have shown that delta-8-THC can help reduce the risk of vision loss in patients with glaucoma.
Dosing of Delta 8 THC
The amount of delta-8-THC in a strain can vary and it can depend on several factors like the conditions in which the plant was grown, its genetics, and the processing method. However, the amount of delta-8-THC in a strain is often printed on the label of the product. Finding a strain that has a high level of delta-8-THC could be a good choice for some medical conditions because it’s not as strong as delta-9-THC.
However, finding a strain that has a high delta-8-THC content does not guarantee that the effects will be similar to delta-9-THC. It is important to keep in mind that all medical marijuana products are different and the amount of delta-8-THC in each product will vary.
Delta-8-THC is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in the plant. The main difference between delta-8-THC and delta-9-THC is that delta-8-THC doesn’t activate CB1 receptors as strongly. Delta-8-THC has been linked to several positive health benefits including reduced pain, better appetite, anti-inflammatory effects, and benefits for neurodegenerative diseases. Delta-8-THC helps with medical problems such as appetite loss, pain, anxiety, depression, and glaucoma.