It’s no secret that air conditioners require regular servicing to function properly. It’s recommended by most manufacturers to have your AC serviced at least once a year. However, there are some preventative measures you can take to help avoid the need for frequent AC services in Lake Zurich, IL.
Change Your Air Filter Regularly
One of the best ways to keep your AC unit in good working condition is to change the air filter regularly. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary, which can lead to decreased efficiency and increased wear and tear. It’s generally recommended that you change your air filter every 1-3 months, but depending on the type of filter you have and the amount of pet hair and dust in your home, you may need to change it more or less often.
Keep Your AC Unit Clean
Another way to help avoid the need for frequent AC services is to keep your AC unit clean. Over time, dirt and debris can build up on the coils and other components of your AC unit, which can cause it to work less efficiently and eventually break down. Once a year, you should have a professional clean your AC unit to keep it in good working condition.
Schedule Regular Maintenance
In addition to changing your air filter and keeping your AC unit clean, you should also schedule regular maintenance. During a maintenance visit, a technician will inspect your AC unit and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments. This can help identify potential problems before they cause major damage to your AC unit. Most manufacturers recommend having your AC unit serviced once a year, but depending on the type of unit you have, you may need to schedule maintenance more or less often.
Upgrade to a More Efficient AC Unit
If you find that you need AC services more often than you’d like, it may be time to upgrade to a more efficient AC unit. newer, more energy-efficient AC units can help reduce your energy costs and improve your home’s indoor air quality. If you’re in the market for a new AC unit, be sure to have a professional assess your home’s cooling needs to ensure you select the right size unit for your home.
Get AC Services from a Reputable Company
When it comes time to get AC services or AC repair in Long Grove, IL, and surrounding areas, be sure to hire a reputable company. A good AC service company will have experienced technicians who can properly diagnose and repair your AC unit. They should also offer a warranty on their work so you can be confident that your AC unit is in good hands.
By following these tips, you can help avoid the need for frequent AC services.
What Is Included In AC Maintenance Services?
When you have an AC unit, it is important to have regular maintenance done to keep it running properly. AC maintenance services can help to ensure that your unit is operating at peak efficiency and can also help to prolong its life. Here are some of the things that are typically included in AC maintenance services:
- Inspecting the unit: This is perhaps the most important part of AC maintenance services. A trained technician will inspect your unit thoroughly to identify any potential problems. They will also check for any parts that may need to be replaced or adjusted.
- Cleaning the unit: Another important part of AC maintenance services is cleaning the unit. Over time, dirt and debris can build up on the coils and other components of your AC unit, which can cause it to work less efficiently and eventually break down. A professional will clean your unit using special tools and techniques to remove all of the dirt and debris.
- Adjusting the parts: Once the unit has been inspected and cleaned, the technician will then adjust any parts that need to be adjusted. This may include the coils, the fan, or the thermostat. By adjusting these parts, the technician can ensure that your unit is operating at peak efficiency.
- Replacing parts: In some cases, the technician may find that certain parts need to be replaced. If this is the case, they will replace the part with a new one that is specifically designed for your AC unit.
- Testing the unit: Once all of the above steps have been completed, the technician will then test your unit to ensure that it is working properly. They will also check for any leaks or other problems.
AC maintenance services are an important part of owning an AC unit. By having these services done regularly, you can help to ensure that your unit is always operating at peak efficiency and can also help to prolong its life. If you have any questions about AC maintenance services or if you would like to schedule a service, contact Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning at 847-540-9585.