Pear Deck is a user-friendly web-based tool that allows mentors and students to interact with each other. Teachers build up interactive presentations and lessons with students’ participating on this web tool. This facility is offered by Joinpd.com which gives a 5-digit link code that permits the students to create an account to access the presentation. Today in our content we are here to provide a complete guide on how to join this platform Pear Deck.
This joining website is a sub-domain on PearDeck.com, where teachers can share the code or link via text or email to invite students to access the presentation that is not available anywhere else. Joinpd portal comes in both free and paid versions for students and teachers as well. In the free version, both of them can have most of the tasks to do but still, some typical tools are only available with paid versions.
The use of the pear deck is not restricted to students and teachers only. Anyone can use this online service for communication and to interact with peers. Here are the categories of people who can easily use this online service in their respective fields.
- Teachers and Mentors to make presentations and online lessons
- Aspirants to get the study material provided by their teachers
- Building Administrators to get their contracts online and to intermingle with contractors
- Consultants to deliver their consultations to the required people
- District Administrators provide rules to the lower level of the society
- Librarians to add the study material for students and they can get it at any time and anywhere.
- Media Specialists provide ads and immediate news online
- Technology partners and administrators for releasing the tech parts info and other incorporations.
Any of the above types can start using pear deck by making a free account at peardeck.com.
How To Create An Online Account On Pear Deck Through Joinpd.com?
This is not a difficult task to access this online portal You need to follow certain steps for the successful creation of a Peardeck account:
- Visit the official site joinpd.com and click on the sign up as a teacher.
- You will be asked to authorize an account setup.
- In the next step, you need to choose your storage type like your drive or Google Drive; for storing your online study material or presentations.
- You can do this by signing into your Gmail account and other login credentials.
- Next, teachers need to enter the postcode or school code. You can also find your school name from the drop-down list.
- In case you don’t find your school name you can create a code by entering any five digits and clicking on the next.
That’s all your account is ready and you can start using it for making sessions for your students. If you join with 5 digit code then you need to tell that code to your students via email or text message so they can have the access to your uploaded material.
How Students and Teachers can access Joinpd.com?
Students can log in to Pear Deck with their Microsoft or Google account as this portal incorporates Google slides. They can access it on any device including a laptop, smartphone, computer or laptop. The device needs to be connected to the internet to run this portal.
In case you are also curious to be a part of the JoinPD community? This article is just for you, we will take you through the journey of joining and using this portal. Although it has become popular during the pandemic period since then it is useful in transitioning from schooling to an online medium. Teachers can join this platform for a learning fun that is easy for students:
- Create an account to access Joinpd.
- Login to the account to select options in the platform from the readymade templates.
- Chose the option of ‘Create a Presentation’.
- Start creating a presentation using PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Teachers also have the access to block the students from editing the answers submitted by the teachers.
All of the sessions in the portal are designed to be private, the only requirement is a five-digit access code to allow students to access the presentations with several tools available there. You can also invite the students to access it via a link. Here are the ways through which students can join the sessions.
Joining Joinpd Using a 5-digit Code
- First, Go to the site Joinpd.
- Enter the 5-digit code given by your educator.
- This code is valid for a week, and you can join the session with that specific code in a week.
- Your session will load on the screen of your device, wait for it to get loaded.
Joining Joinpd Using a Join Link
- You will get an invitation link to join the session via your email.
- Click on the icon of your profile on the platform to join.
- Click on the link provided by your instructor to access the material.
- After clicking on the link you will be directed Pear Deck session through your browser.
- Here in the student view, you will be allowed to view the presentation or lessons to interact.
You need to have a Google account to access via link mode. Students can interact via student view and can also answer the questions asked by their teachers. This is one type of modern schooling and is considered a great learning environment not only for students but also for teachers as well.
To join anonymously you can select OFF in the “Require student logins” section. By this students can also join the sessions without an email. In this medium, you can create an avatar or your nickname to join. Through this, students can view presentation slides still their real names will not be visible. Teachers will get a prompt notice at the bottom of the screen that says that aspirants have joined Joinpd.com with avatars or nicknames.
How To Install Pear Deck In Users’ Accounts?
Installing Peardeck for Google Slides Add-on is simple to do. Teachers can do it easily in their Google domain. Here are the steps to follow for your convenience.
- First of all, you need to open the Google admin console and then select apps.
- Click on the Google Workspace Marketplace app and add it to your Domain Install List.
- In the next step, search for and choose Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on and select the install option.
- For a successful installation, grant the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on to access data.
- Then, go back to your Google Admin Marketplace page, and click on the refresh button.
Your installation process is complete and now you are ready to open the Pear Deck sidebar in Google Slides to make presentations. This is to note that this can take up to 24 hours to take place in every user’s Google Slides menu.
What Are The Benefits of Using Pear Deck JoinPD.com?
This is the widely used tool used in the US by students and teachers to make study sessions more interactive and interesting. For the student’s learning stage, this portal appears to be a dynamic and handy tool. It helps to create a positive learning mindset in the aspirant’s brain. Here you can see several benefits of this set of tools:
- Enhanced Learner Engagement: Pear Deck portal allows instructors to make interactive Google slides to get their engagement in a variety of ways. They can ask questions students to ask them to draw diagrams. This proves to be the most interesting task for students to get the sessions and to focus on the lessons.
- Real-time Response: With Joinpd code, mentors can get immediate feedback on student understanding and engagement. According to that response, they can plan and adjust their teaching approaches.
- Personalized Learning: This online platform permits teachers to create lessons according to the interest and requirements of students. Plus, they can also personalize the lessons if any of the students are not at a certain level to get. This approach enhances the experience of learning.
- Ease of understanding: Students can use Pear Deck online portal on a variety of devices including laptops, notepads, computers or smartphones. This ease of access makes it accessible to students to understand diverse learning requirements and choices.
- Data Trails: With this online learning portal you can track and analyse the data. Teachers can access the learning of their students and can plan the next session accordingly. This approach allows the teachers to see how their aspirants are engaging with the accessible presentations and also recognize areas for enhancement.
- Use of Google Drive and One Drive Storage: With an account on Joinpd.com code students and teachers can make use of Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive storage to keep safe records of their study materials. They can learn them and revise them at any time at their convenience.
- Ease to Google Sheets: Google Sheets is a platform that makes life easier for students and teachers. They can access the Google sheet at both ends online and can also make it a way to communicate.
- Safe and Secure Way: Students are not allowed to see each other’s answers in the portal. Each answer is always displayed anonymously on the Projector view.
All of these benefits make the Pear Deck suitable for the best learning experience.
Final Words About Joinpd.Com!!
This is the perfect learning platform for students and is an easy way for teachers to deliver their lessons to students according to their interests. They can interact with each other using Joinpd.com. As the online learning medium is expanding day by day so is the online pear deck is also maintaining its place in the learner’s mind.